Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hyperloop

The other day I was thinking on a crazy way of transport... Not sure if that is the same that Elon Musk is thinking about:
http://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-is-kicking-around-an-idea-that-would-send-you-from-san-francisco-to-los-angeles-in-30-minutes-2012-7

But I thought I would just put it here. How about doing one of this for humans :)

Well, as you can see on the same link, doesn't look like a new idea (my idea). So, I am curious to learn what Mr. Musk is thinking. Sounds impressive! I wonder if one could do a simple physics calculation to see even if it is possible. I.e.,  take the energy that would take to push a person from LA to SF in 30 minutes. Can that be powered just by solar? Specially just a small area (as he is saying it would be self-powered). Maybe interpreting things different than what he said...

Anyhow... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment