Saturday, March 9, 2019

OBD for VW GTI MKV

This post is under construction. Probably don't want to spend much time on it...

Trying to find what to buy to monitor my HPFP or errors (see other posts on this), although now the car runs nice (after the spark plugs job. Update: it doesn't, see debugging here...). Here is what I learnt:
  1. VCDS® HEX-V2® Enthusiast: The VW tool by excellence. $200. Uses USB.
  2. BlueDriver seems to be well recommended, but not sure it allows me to program the car. It works with many cars. Free app but can't be accessed from other apps.
  3. OBDEleven: lots of people says this is good. Get the PRO for about $80 that allows to program the car... Seems to work only on VW family cars... (Audi, Skoda...). Nice app, you can do everything you want yourself at low level but if you want click-only easy type of mods got to pay. I bought this one as it felt like a good trade-off. Almost regretting not to spent the $200 on the #1 but it's doing ok. My review/explanations here
  4. Open source: but still hardware is expensive because uses some expensive MCU board... Still, the info on that site can teach us how to do ourselves one, if one day we want to.
I may update this back based on my learnings... Just putting it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment